"I have been physically active and interested in sports for the majority of my life. I started hockey/ice skating when I was four, swam competitively through college and have maintained an active lifestyle since my last meet. I was introduced to my first CrossFit workout about 10 years ago but did not join a CrossFit gym until 2011 (3 weeks after I got married) and have not looked back since. I became a CrossFit trainer in 2012, had my own CrossFit Affiliate, ISLA CrossFit, in San Juan, Puerto Rico for some time, and have been a trainer here at CrossFit Prospect Heights since 2015."
In addition to training CrossFit, Mario has worked with endurance athletes specifically focusing on running and swimming. He feels Training allows all individuals to discover their inner athlete and not only improve physically but break through menus barriers and build confidence. He looks forward to meeting you at Prospect Heights!
- CrossFit Level 1 Certification
- CrossFit Endurance Certification
- CrossFit Weightlifting Certification
- CrossFit Kids Certification
- Former CrossFit Affiliate Owner, ISLA CrossFit (San Juan, PR)
- CPR & First Aid Certified
- Four-Year Collegiate Swimmer (Babson College)