Owner of CrossFit Prospect Heights, Maillard Howell says "I have been physically active and competitive my entire childhood all the way to College. Even while working in a corporate setting post undergraduate and graduate level I maintained some level of physical activity." This morphed into him helping friends and family members achieve their fitness and wellness goals. He left a successful Career in the Pharma industry to build on his passion of fitness 5 years ago.
Maillard's client base ranges from competitive strength athletes, High School students, weekend warriors, wheelchair athletes and Moms. A fixture in the Downtown Brooklyn neighborhood of Prospect Heights. Maillard's mantra " build your strength, build your life" is a testament to his belief that fitness and overall mental and physical wellness go hand in hand to a better quality of life. "I thoroughly enjoy helping others discover their inner athlete. It matters not age, gender, fitness background etc., I am of the firm belief that "once you have a body, you can be an athlete".
Maillard is a peer respected Fitness Professional who's media portfolio includes:
- One of 11 Finalist in the 2017 Reebok sponsored wellandgood.com "America's most inspiring Trainer" competition.
od-sweat/americas-most-inspiri ng-fitness-trainer-finalist-ma illard-howell/
- Promix Nutrition sponsored athlete
- "Trainer of the day" several times for "Men's Health"
- Men's Journal Contributor
lth-fitness/collections/the-8- best-no-equipment-moves-to- get-stronger-w512362
- B.S. Biology
- CrossFit Level 2 Certification
- CrossFit StrongMan Certification
- CrossFit Weightlifting Certification
- Pendlay Weightlifting Level 1 and Level 2
- CPR Certified
Maillard is a gentle giant, and to stand on the shoulders of such a giant, you will thrive.
- Dustin Hassard, 8-time Olympic Gold Medalist in Everything, World Record Holder in all Powerlifting, but nobody saw.
He's an excellent, patient, clear instructor who encourages through positivity. And he's incredibly knowledgeable about his craft.
I started training with Maillard about 2 years ago following spine surgery, nerve damage, and high blood pressure.... I have strengthened every aspect of my physical fitness and my blood pressure is at perfect levels now. I highly recommend Maillard.
I cannot recommend him highly enough. He's a real asset to my physical (and mental!) health.